9/8/09

Barack Obama's Speech to Our Kids in School

So President Barack Obama spoke to our children today via our public school system. Since I have three children in school, I took the time yesterday to read his speech (it was on the White House web site) so I could check it out before my kids would hear it (and object to their viewing if I thought it best or talk to them beforehand about anything I thought necessary). I didn't see anything in what I read to be a huge concern.

I asked my eight year old what she learned from it. Her first response was, "I forget." Then she said that he said that they (kids) shouldn't let themselves down because if they do, they are letting the whole country down.

I asked my ten year old son what he learned from it. He said, "I learned....hmmm...I'm not sure."

I guess it had a huge effect on him, eh?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP